Monday, January 10, 2011

The other day, I re-watched the film "Titus" with a friend. It's one of my favourite films, directed by Julie Taymor, an adaptation of Shakespeare's "Titus Andronicus".

It astonishes me every time I watch it. Every watch brings something new to marvel at. The way that Taymor reflects the anachronistic nature of the original play with the Roman/World War II setting is something that I love. The imagery of the film is beautiful - my favourite scene being where Lavinia is found by her uncle. This time, I was struck by the lack of self-consciousness of the actors, the two that play Tamora's sons in particular. They're so camp.

I guess, in summary, I LOVE THIS FILM.

In terms of directors, Tulie Taymor and Jane Campion seriously have it going on. Watching their films inspires me to write my own.

One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment